Re: Starting postmaster in rc.local/during bootup

От Chris Boget
Тема Re: Starting postmaster in rc.local/during bootup
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> > But as far as I can tell, PG doesn't have the --user option.  Is
> > there some way like the above that I can start PG w/o giving
> > user postgres a shell?
> I don't know exactly but what happens if you specify something like /bin/true
> as shell? Does that work?

I've not heard of /bin/true as a shell.  But again, I'm still a linux newbie.  What
I've set up for all the users on the system who I don't to give shell access to is
/sbin/nologin

thnx,
Chris

Сообщение: Re: Starting postmaster in rc.local/during bootup
Сообщение: Re: Starting postmaster in rc.local/during bootup