Re: Starting postmaster in rc.local/during bootup

От Shridhar Daithankar
Тема Re: Starting postmaster in rc.local/during bootup
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 3 Dec 2002 at 7:45, Chris Boget wrote:

> But as far as I can tell, PG doesn't have the --user option.  Is
> there some way like the above that I can start PG w/o giving
> user postgres a shell?

I don't know exactly but what happens if you specify something like /bin/true
as shell? Does that work?

If it does, it might be enough from security POV.

Bye
 Shridhar

--
Military secrets are the most fleeting of all.        -- Spock, "The Enterprise
Incident", stardate 5027.4

Сообщение: Re: Starting postmaster in rc.local/during bootup
Сообщение: Re: Starting postmaster in rc.local/during bootup