Re: Starting postmaster in rc.local/during bootup

От Chris Boget
Тема Re: Starting postmaster in rc.local/during bootup
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> su postgres -c "pgctl -D <blah> start"

Yes, but this requires user postgres to have a shell.  Which
is what I'm trying to avoid, as I mentioned in my original post.
I've got mysql running as the mysql user (who doesn't have a
shell) by doing this:

/bin/sh -c 'cd /usr/local/mysql; ./bin/safe_mysqld --user=mysql &' > /dev/null

But as far as I can tell, PG doesn't have the --user option.  Is
there some way like the above that I can start PG w/o giving
user postgres a shell?

thnx,
Chris

Сообщение: Re: Starting postmaster in rc.local/during bootup
Сообщение: Re: Starting postmaster in rc.local/during bootup