Problem: Temporary tables not really temporary tables

От Florian Schaetz
Тема Problem: Temporary tables not really temporary tables
Дата
Re: Problem: Temporary tables not really temporary tables  (David G Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-novice

Hello,

I’ve got a little problem with my postgresql/postgis server here: Sometimes, temporary tables (sessions?) seem to “survive”, which in the end leads to a shared memory error, that can only be resolved by restarting (for a moment). This stops the shared memory error for a moment, but the sessions (and with them, the tables) are still there, even if there aren’t any open connections left.

Ironically, rebooting the server completely does NOT resolve it all, only restarting the database does. I assume that the error occurs when the connection to a client closes incorrectly or something like that…

In the end I have to clean up the whole mess manually with…

drop schema pg_temp_<sess_id> cascade;

But how can I prevent such sessions to survive or at least have them cleaned up automatically?

Regards,

Flo