How to get some table entries from backup instance back to production instance

От Marcel Ruff
Тема How to get some table entries from backup instance back to production instance
Дата
Re: How to get some table entries from backup instance back to production instance  (daku.sandor@gmail.com)
Список pgsql-novice
Hi,

I have 4 tables with 1:n relation:

 grandpa -> pa -> child -> grandchild

Now I need to copy an instance of "pa" with his descendants
from my backup (a postgres dump) back to prod.
"grandchild" has a blob column (containing fotos)

Which options do I have?

1) Import the backup dump in a separate postgres instance
2) Do some magic query which created insert statements
3) Run the insert statements on the prod server

What is the best approach, and how does a query look like which
returns nicely formatted
insert lines?

Thank you
Marcel