Re: Problem: Temporary tables not really temporary tables

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problem: Temporary tables not really temporary tables
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Florian Schaetz <Florian.Schaetz@Optitool.DE> writes:
> I've got a little problem with my postgresql/postgis server here: Sometimes, temporary tables (sessions?) seem to
"survive",which in the end leads to a shared memory error, that can only be resolved by restarting (for a moment). This
stopsthe shared memory error for a moment, but the sessions (and with them, the tables) are still there, even if there
aren'tany open connections left.

What PG version is that?  Can you create a reproducible test case?
(It doesn't have to be "reproduces every time"; something like "run this
program long enough and it'll eventually fail" would be fine.)

We've heard a few previous reports of such things, but nobody ever
had it happen regularly enough to have a chance of isolating the cause.
So it sounds like you're doing something that increases the probability
greatly, and if you could bottle that, it'd be really helpful ...

От: Marcel Ruff
Сообщение: Re: How to get some table entries from backup instance back to production instance
От: David G Johnston
Сообщение: Re: Problem: Temporary tables not really temporary tables