Re: PostgreSQL with Phorum

От Brian Moon
Тема Re: PostgreSQL with Phorum
Дата
Список pgsql-php
| I don't have much time, but I'm happy to look at schemas and index
| optimisation for you, etc.  Has Phorum removed its silly requirement of
| creating two whole entire tables per forum yet?

With Phorum 5 we have changed that.  We had our reasons at the time for
doing that.  However, things have changed and we are wiser and the tools are
better.  This kind of gets back to my point.  For small to moderately sized
Phorums on slower machines, having seperate tables is a good thing in MySQL.
We now know that large Phorums suffer in this case worse than the smaller
ones would suffer from one table.  However, this could very well have never
been a good thing for PostgreSQL.  I don't really know.  At the time I
ported Phorum over to PostgreSQL, the docs were not nearly as good as they
are now.  There was nothing about optimizing your tables for speed.

This is the reason I am coming here.  I want Phorum 5 to run as fast as it
can on PostgreSQL.

Thanks,

Brian.
Phorum Dev Team

В списке pgsql-php по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL with Phorum
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL with Phorum