Re: Re: ODBC Interface questions

От Moray McConnachie
Тема Re: Re: ODBC Interface questions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Black <mblack@distcompsols.com>
To: <pgsql-questions@postgresql.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 02, 2000 9:17 PM
Subject: [GENERAL] Re: ODBC Interface questions

> I am using the Insight ODBC driver version 6.40.0009 on a Win98 box and
> Access 97.
> I set it up as a System DNS.  Originally, I linked all the tables with the
> Read Only
> option checked.  I have since changed this to un-checked.  However, the
> tables were still RO.  So I dropped all the links and re-linked them.
> I am now able to add or update records in the database.

This is true for all versions of Access, and indeed if you change the port
or the host of your pgsql database, you will similarly need to drop and
relink all tables.

If you turn on in Access the option to view all system tables, and explore a
bit, you will see that the specific ODBC string generated from the DSN is
stored with the table definition.

I believe, though I haven't tried it, that it's possible to rewrite all
these tabledefs just to refer only to the DSN, and omit any specific
references. Going to be slower, though....

Yours,
Moray