Postgre 8.0 Installation - Issues

От Ravindran G - TLS, Chennai.
Тема Postgre 8.0 Installation - Issues
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
All,

We are facing few issues while we install Postgres 8.0 in Windows 2000
Japanese OS. Installer kit name : postgresql-8.0-ja

Scenario 1: While installing PostGRE 8.0, we got an logon failure at the end
of installing the component telling that it failed to produce the process
for initdb and also that the user name was not able to be recognized or the
password is wrong. After the OK button was clicked the whole process rolled
back automatically and the PostGRE got uninstalled.

Scenario 2: In one of the computers we managed to install the PostGRE 8.0
but the database initialization could not be performed. While creating the
database using the Credb patch we got an error telling that the tables were
missing and the connection with the local host failed.

Scenario 3: For one of the machines the database has also been created but
once the system is restarted the PostGRE does not work and we get the same
error as in the Scenario2.

Please shed some light on this. If this question is not relevant to this
group, please redirect us...

Thanks and regards,
Ravi
DISCLAIMER
The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the

named recipient(s) only. It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its

affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and

may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction,

dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this

message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is strictly

prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender

immediately. Before opening any mail and attachments please check them for viruses and

defect.