Re: Postgre 8.0 Installation - Issues

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: Postgre 8.0 Installation - Issues
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Moving to -general.

On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 04:17:06PM +0530, Ravindran G - TLS, Chennai. wrote:
> All,
>
> We are facing few issues while we install Postgres 8.0 in Windows 2000
> Japanese OS. Installer kit name : postgresql-8.0-ja

Is there a reason you're not using 8.1.4? 8.0 was the first windows
release, and as such there's a number of issues that were improved in
8.1. You should at least be using the latest 8.0 version (8.0.8).

> Scenario 1: While installing PostGRE 8.0, we got an logon failure at the end

BTW, it's PostgreSQL or Postgres. PostGRE doesn't exist...

> of installing the component telling that it failed to produce the process
> for initdb and also that the user name was not able to be recognized or the
> password is wrong. After the OK button was clicked the whole process rolled
> back automatically and the PostGRE got uninstalled.

Make sure that you have the right password for the account that
PostgreSQL will be running under. I often find it's easiest to just
delete that account and let the installer create it for me.

> Scenario 2: In one of the computers we managed to install the PostGRE 8.0
> but the database initialization could not be performed. While creating the
> database using the Credb patch we got an error telling that the tables were
> missing and the connection with the local host failed.
>
> Scenario 3: For one of the machines the database has also been created but
> once the system is restarted the PostGRE does not work and we get the same
> error as in the Scenario2.

These could be issues surrounding administrator rights. PostgreSQL will
refuse to start if the account it's running under has Administrator
rights.

> Please shed some light on this. If this question is not relevant to this
> group, please redirect us...
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Ravi
> DISCLAIMER
>
> named recipient(s) only. It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its
>
> affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and
>
> may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction,
>
> dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this
>
> message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is strictly
>
> prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender
>
> immediately. Before opening any mail and attachments please check them for viruses and
>
> defect.

>        match

Сообщение: Re: Simple join optimized badly?
Сообщение: Re: Simple join optimized badly?