Re: postgresql and samba

От Hans Spaans
Тема Re: postgresql and samba
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Friday 31 August 2001 10:13, you wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I am currently installing samba server. My organization has just
> decided postgresql as our official database server. Have you any
> experience in this chemistry, I mean, postgresql working under samba
> environment? Can they work together, that is?

Why not? Postgresql is a rdbms and smb a protocol to share files with
other computers. You connect to postgresql with odbc of with the
postgresql-clients (think psql on Unix). So I don't see any problems,
except when you expect to access the postgresql-files directly through
smb like ms-access does. Proberly there is no problem or you haven't
tolled us everything :)

Greetz
Hans

--
"How should I know if it works? That's what beta testers are for. I
only coded it."

Сообщение: Re: Starting postmaster with the option -i
Сообщение: Re: Starting postmaster with the option -i