Re: Cannot drop database that is in use (NOT)

От Gary Stainburn
Тема Re: Cannot drop database that is in use (NOT)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Monday 02 July 2001  7:46 pm, Jie Liang wrote:
> what's in your script??

[revcom@curly revcom]$ more bin/recreate
#!/bin/bash

dropdb revcom
createdb revcom
psql <schema.sql

Doing 'apactrl graceful' did the trick, but a way where I don't need to gain
access to the web server would be nice.

Gary

> Jie LIANG
>
> St. Bernard Software
>
> 10350 Science Center Drive
> Suite 100, San Diego, CA 92121
> Office:(858)320-4873
>
> jliang@ipinc.com
> www.stbernard.com
> www.ipinc.com
>
> On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm developing a database and have a small shell script that drops the
> > database, creates it, and then feeds psql to create the tables etc.
> >
> > I've tried to run it and get the following error:
> > [revcom@curly revcom]$ recreate
> > ERROR:  DROP DATABASE: Database "revcom" is being accessed by other users
> > dropdb: database removal failed
> > ERROR:  CREATE DATABASE: database "revcom" already exists
> > createdb: database creation failed
> > ERROR:  Relation 'teams_tid_seq' already exists
> > ERROR:  Relation 'members_mid_seq' already exists
> > blah blah....
> >
> > I know that there is nobody using the database, so I can only assume it
> > is some left-over garbage from my first every php script (as I don't know
> > how to close the link openned by pg_pconnect).
> >
> > How do I close any pending connections and reset the usage count so that
> > I can drop the database?
> >
> > --
> > Gary Stainburn
> >
> > This email does not contain private or confidential material as it
> > may be snooped on by interested government parties for unknown
> > and undisclosed purposes - Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act, 2000

Gary Stainburn

От: Oleg Bartunov
Сообщение: Re: Word Indexing
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Problems running postgres on XFS+LVM on Linux