PGACCESS: error trying to connect...

От Tim Boring
Тема PGACCESS: error trying to connect...
Дата
Re: PGACCESS: error trying to connect...  ("Oliver Elphick" <olly@lfix.co.uk>)
Список pgsql-admin
I've successfully installed pgsql 7.0.3 on my SuSE 7.0 system and can create
dbs, users, etc. from the psql terminal.  However, if I want to try to use
pgaccess it gives me the following error message:

"Connection to database failed PQconnectPoll() -- connect() failed:
Connection refused. Is the postmaster running (with -i) at 'localhost' and
accepting connections on TCP/IP port 5432'?"

So I shutdown the postmaster and tried restarting like this:
postmaster -D -i /var/lib/pgsql/data > logfile 2>&1 &

but it doesn't start the postmaster.  If I leave off the -i it will start, but
then I'm back to square one as far as using pgaccess.

Out of curiousity, since I'm trying to use pgaccess on the localhost, shouldn't
it just use regular Linux sockets and not try to connect via TCP/IP?  It seems
odd that I can connect to the server from the psql terminal without setting the
-i option on the postmaster but not from pgaccess.

Any ideas.

Thanks,
Tim