Re: time stops within transaction

От Vadim Mikheev
Тема Re: time stops within transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I am inclined to think that we should do SetQuerySnapshot in the outer
> loop of pg_exec_query_string, just before calling
> pg_analyze_and_rewrite.  This would ensure that parse/plan accesses to
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Actually not - snapshot is passed as parameter to heap_beginscan...
And currently SnapshotNow is used everywhere.

> If we did that, then SetQuerySnapshot would be called once per user-
> written command (defining a command as whatever the grammar produces
> a single parsetree for, which is probably OK) so long as SPI functions
> don't try to use pg_exec_query_string...

SPI doesn't try this from its birthday in ~6.2

Vadim

Сообщение: Re: [ANNC][RFC] crypto hashes for PostgreSQL 7.0, 7.1
Сообщение: Re: [ANNC][RFC] crypto hashes for PostgreSQL 7.0, 7.1