Re: [ANNC][RFC] crypto hashes for PostgreSQL 7.0, 7.1

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [ANNC][RFC] crypto hashes for PostgreSQL 7.0, 7.1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Marko Kreen writes:

> Here is a implementation of crypto hashes for PostgreSQL.

> It is packaged at the moment as stand-alone package, because
> I am trying to write general autoconf macros for use with outside
> packages.  At the moment any package author must generate those
> himself.  Also the contrib stuff should be possible to make use
> of this instead of include ../../Makefile.* so they can enjoy
> the same (dis)advantages as outside packages.

A coupla comments:

* Your code seems to be quite optimistic about being on a Linux system.

* Use AC_DEFUN, not `define', to create Autoconf macros.

* From PostgreSQL 7.1-to-be on you can detect the location of the include
and library files with `pg_config --includedir` and `pg_config --libdir`
respectively.

(I've been thinking about writing a general-purpose PostgreSQL detection
macro for use by third-party products to be included in the PostgreSQL
source.)