Re: Native win32 Libpq

От Cyril VELTER
Тема Re: Native win32 Libpq
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
> On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 01:02:20PM +0100, Cyril VELTER wrote:
> > Can somebody with access to visualC++ make native 7.2 libpq.dll binaires
> > available ?
>
> A better, long-term solution is finish the work to get libpq.dll to build
> with Mingw or Cygwin's gcc -mno-cygwin.  Since you have the itch, would
> you be willing?  Try searching the archives for previous work.  I can
> help you find the posts, if necessary.
>
> Jason

    Yes that seems like a good idea.

    I've found christof Petig patch and started from that. I've made a new
target for mingw (template, makefile ...)

    After some hacks, pq.dll build.

    I use mingw under cygwin (mingw is installed under /usr/local/mingw,
/usr/local/mingw/bin first in PATH) and have the following problem :
    * since there is no specific uname for mingw there is no way for
configure to choose the correct template (have to  force it
with --with-template=mingw)
    * there seem to be a problem with make and symlinks. The build work only
when I replace symlink with plain file (no such file or directory error).
This one is quite annoying because of all the symlinked postgres files
(Makefile.port, md5.c dllist.c ....)  How does the cygwin build handle that
?
    * there is some warning in the compilation about missing prototypes of
GetCurrentFiber / GetFiberData (seem to be a mingw thing ?)
    * gethostbyname is not detected properly by configure (need to modifiy
manually pg_config.h)

    As of now only libpq can be built by running make in the libpq
directory. Some modifications needs to be make to the Makefile to prevent
building unsupported parts.

    I also try to build libpq but 'optarg' 'optind' 'getarg' 'getind' symbol
are missing ....

    If there is enough interest (and if I manage to solve previous
problems), I could try to make a patch for introduction in the main tree.

                cyril