Re: Native win32 Libpq

От Gerhard Häring
Тема Re: Native win32 Libpq
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
* Cyril VELTER <cyril.velter@metadys.com> [2002-03-15 17:12 +0100]:

> > On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 01:02:20PM +0100, Cyril VELTER wrote:
> > > Can somebody with access to visualC++ make native 7.2 libpq.dll binaires
> > > available ?
> >
> > A better, long-term solution is finish the work to get libpq.dll to build
> > with Mingw or Cygwin's gcc -mno-cygwin.  Since you have the itch, would
> > you be willing?  Try searching the archives for previous work.  I can
> > help you find the posts, if necessary.
> >
> > Jason
>
>     Yes that seems like a good idea.
>
> I've found christof Petig patch and started from that. I've made a new
> target for mingw (template, makefile ...)
>
>     After some hacks, pq.dll build.
>
> I use mingw under cygwin (mingw is installed under /usr/local/mingw,
> /usr/local/mingw/bin first in PATH) and have the following problem :
>     * since there is no specific uname for mingw there is no way for
> configure to choose the correct template (have to  force it
> with --with-template=mingw)

This problem goes away if you use msys instead, as you will have a mingw uname
there.

> [...]
>     As of now only libpq can be built by running make in the libpq
> directory. Some modifications needs to be make to the Makefile to prevent
> building unsupported parts.

Avoiding to build unsupported parts is the only ugly stuff.

It should be perfectly possible to build everything with a mingw/msys toolchain
that can be build with Vi$ual Studio, including the C++ libraries, the "easy"
libraries, and the ODBC driver. It was just that I didn't care for them, as all
I needed was libpq.

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id 86AB43C0