Re: Statistics Collector not collecting server activities

От Gnanakumar
Тема Re: Statistics Collector not collecting server activities
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
OK.  I'll try that way.

But, as per 8.2 doc, by default it is ON. So if I comment with just '#'
infront of the parameter, and restart PostgreSQL, this change will not be
reflected, which means it should work with default value ON?

-----Original Message-----
From: Guillaume Lelarge [mailto:guillaume@lelarge.info]
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 2:35 PM
To: gnanam@zoniac.com
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Statistics Collector not collecting server activities

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/runtime-config-statistics.htm
> l, stats_start_collector is on by default.

If it is off (as you found with the "show stats_start_collector"
statement), you should getting ride of the # in front of the
stats_start_collector parameter. Ie, you should have

stats_start_collector = on

and not

#stats_start_collector = on

or

#stats_start_collector = off

Once you've done this, restart PostgreSQL and it should work.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Сообщение: Re: Statistics Collector not collecting server activities
Сообщение: Re: Statistics Collector not collecting server activities