RE: [HELP] Issue with standby server using WAL archive

От
Тема RE: [HELP] Issue with standby server using WAL archive
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I do not wish to get emails from these. Kindly remove me from mailing list.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>
Sent: 02 July 2020 20:56
To: Praveen Kumar K S <praveenssit@gmail.com>
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [HELP] Issue with standby server using WAL archive

Greetings,

* Praveen Kumar K S (praveenssit@gmail.com) wrote:
> I'm using 9.6

That's quite old- I'd strongly recommend that you look at using a newer
version.

> I have 3 servers. Let us call it pg1,pg2,pg3
>
> pg1 is master
> pg2 is hot stand by
> pg3 is a DR server which doesn't serve any requests. hot_standby is
> not enabled in postgresql.conf on DR server.

If hot_standby isn't enable then you won't be able to connect- which is
entirely fine, but if that's what you want then I'm not sure what the error
is that you're concerned about..?

> pg1 and pg2 are in the same network and are in sync.

Ok.  Note that having only one replica when you're using syncronous
replication will lead to a situation where, if either node fails, the
database system won't accept writes.

> I followed official documentation and used the cp command. Are there
> any other best approaches ?

The documentation provides an example of how to use the command, using 'cp'
isn't actually recommended.  I'd strongly suggest you look at proper
backup/archiving solutions for PostgreSQL like pgbackrest to use instead.

Thanks,

Stephen