Re: Uninitialized page - fixing

От Björn Metzdorf
Тема Re: Uninitialized page - fixing
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
>> recently we are suffering from repeated
>> WARNING:  Rel pg_toast_77798203: Uninitialized page 25489 - fixing
>
> Hmm.  There is a known mechanism for that to happen in 7.2 and before,
> but not in 7.3.  Can you see any pattern in the messages?

Here is another example:

2003-06-05 21:27:08 WARNING:  Rel psessions: Uninitialized page 185 - fixing

psessions is often read from and written to, but it is not very big
(thousands, perhaps tenthousands of rows) and it is regularly vacuumed
(every 5 to 15 minutes). These messages appear under heavy load only (more
than 700 concurrent connections to the backend).

Since then (2003-06-05) we didn't get this message again.

I cannot see any pattern there, but at least with our old server, those
messages came just ahead some hardware problems (pg_clog problems, tables
were gone). But our new server right now is running very smoothly.

I will upgrade to 7.3.3 as soon as I find some time.

Regards,
Bjoern