Uninitialized page - fixing

От Björn Metzdorf
Тема Uninitialized page - fixing
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

recently we are suffering from repeated

WARNING:  Rel pg_toast_77798203: Uninitialized page 25489 - fixing

entries in the logfile.

We had this problem 2 weeks ago (especially on some read often write often
tables), along with some more severe problems (pg_clog not found etc..). We
assumed hardware failure and moved to another box. It all went fine for 1
week, but now those uninitialized page messages come up again.

Our system is a dual p3 1 ghz, 2gb ram, Debian woody, kernel 2.4.20,
postgresql 7.3.2, database size is about 2 gb.

These problems seem to occur under heavy load only. We vacuum regularly
(every 5-15 minutes).

If you need any more details please say so.

tia

Regards,
Bjoern