Re: Simple query takes a long time on win2K

От A. Mous
Тема Re: Simple query takes a long time on win2K
Дата
Список pgsql-general
None of these tests were run over a network - all local.  Given that the
hardware is very different, however, I did find it strange that all win2k
(Pro, not server) served up the records in almost exactly the same time,
while the 2.4 celeron is 80ms!  In terms of processor speed, that difference
in time is not explained between the 2.4GHz and 1.8GHz machines.  Perhaps it
is a memory issue since the 1.8GHz box does have only 256, but I've been
running Postgres on these machines for some time now and I don't recall this
sort of latency with earlier versions.

I'll install an earlier version of postgres and do a little test.

Stay tuned...