Re: Simple query takes a long time on win2K

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Simple query takes a long time on win2K
Дата
Re: Simple query takes a long time on win2K  ("A. Mous" <a.mous@shaw.ca>)
Список pgsql-general
"A. Mous" <a.mous@shaw.ca> writes:
> None of these tests were run over a network - all local.

Nonetheless, the client-to-server communication goes through the Windows
TCP stack, because that's the only comm protocol we support on Windows.

Notice that your EXPLAIN ANALYZEs show the query as executing in less
than 100ms even on the slower machine --- so it seems the bottleneck has
to be in sending the results to the client.

I seem to recall threads on the win32-hackers list to the effect that
local TCP performance really sucks on Win2K unless you have the right
patch installed ("QoS" comes to mind, but I didn't pay attention to
details).  We probably need to get that info into the FAQ.