Fw: Starting postmaster as a service (newbie)

От Vinay
Тема Fw: Starting postmaster as a service (newbie)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi,
   I have got a peculiar problem with my postmaster.I have installed cyg-ipc and postmaster as services on Windows 2000.
But when I restart the system , the postmaster doesn't start.I figured that it is because I have to do the init db everytime this happens. But I have to empty the data directory to do initdb in which case I will lose the created tables.

Is there any solution for this problem, so that I need not have to run initdb and delete the data directory every time the postmaster fails to start.

Thank you in advance,
help appreciated

Vinay