Re: Case Insensitive comparison

От Donald Fraser
Тема Re: Case Insensitive comparison
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
----- Original Message -----
From: George A.J
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2003 4:39 AM
Subject: [ADMIN] Case Insensitive comparison

>hai
>
>i am using postgresql 7.3.x. I am converting a database in MS SQL server to
PostgreSQL.

>The main problems i am facing is that in sql server the text comparisons are
case insensitive. how can i compare text case insensitive in postgresql
>without using an upper() or lower() function in both sides (=). Is there any
option to set in postgresql?
>Is there any problem in overriding the = operator that compare text. ie
droping the current operator = and creating a new = operator(text,text). Does
>the existing = operator is using internally by postgres for some porpose.
please help

I have created a text data type which is case-insensitive. Everything is
identical to type text in all other respects. If you would like I can email you
the library files to make and install it.

Regards
Donald Fraser

От: "George A.J"
Сообщение: Case Insensitive comparison
От: Rhaoni Chiu Pereira
Сообщение: ERROR: tuplestore: write failed