Re: [REPOST] Remote database questions (NFS shared access, RServ)

От Chris Ruprecht
Тема Re: [REPOST] Remote database questions (NFS shared access, RServ)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Sharing a DB via NFS - No - absolutely not a good idea, no matter which DB
you're talking about.

However, you can remote access the DB through TCP/IP sockets, the Postmaster
can be configured to listen to some port (5432 is the default) and you can
have remote sessions running.
To R/O access a PostGreSQL DB, you can grant 'select' rights to the remote
users. It's not the same as opening the DB via a local postmaster process on
a remote drive though - refer to my first point ;).

Best regards,
Chris