Re: [ADMIN] pgbench Windows outperforms Debian in Write tests while Debian is faster in SELECT only tests

От Klaus P. Pieper
Тема Re: [ADMIN] pgbench Windows outperforms Debian in Write tests while Debian is faster in SELECT only tests
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Excellent answer, thanks.

Correct me if I'm wrong: I understand that synchronous_commit = off in combination with fdatasync (Debian) or fsync_writethrough (Windows) is „safe“ (for regular interactive desktop applications).

These options gave the following results:

                         Windows        Debian

40 clients READ/WRITE       5400          7400

1 client READ/WRITE          400           390

Single client READ/WRITE tests are on now the same level. In the multi client test, Debian is performing significantly better than Windows.

> If you're a paranoid sort you would want to do plug-pull testing to ensure that

> your selected setting actually does prevent data corruption during a system

> crash.

That’s certainly an option before we take this into production.

Regards Klaus

Virenfrei. www.avast.com

Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] pgbench Windows outperforms Debian in Write tests whileDebian is faster in SELECT only tests
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] pgbench Windows outperforms Debian in Write tests while Debian is faster in SELECT only tests