Re: [GENERAL] How to get database schema without pg_dump?

От Boban Acimovic
Тема Re: [GENERAL] How to get database schema without pg_dump?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
After lot of tries, it seems I resolved this problem.

First thing what I did is to hack pg_dump not to use SQL queries with
regular expressions. I tried LIKE clause, but it seems it is internally
interpreted as regular expression, so I replaced it with SUBSTR function.
This pg_dump was able to dump all databases with no problem.

Then I compiled PostgreSQL with multibyte support and created databases with
encoding LATIN1. After I filled the data back, everything looks fine. It is
working for several hours and I can't see any problems. Hopefully this is
the resolution for my problem.

Thank you Stephan for helping.

Regards,
Boban Acimovic