Newly converted to 8.2.5 and getting this error

От Mark Steben
Тема Newly converted to 8.2.5 and getting this error
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi folks,

  We have an application that cuts and pastes from Word and is getting this error now that we have converted to 8.2.5.

  The characters that are erroring are imbedded in the document. We would prefer not having to remove them

 invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x85

    HINT:  This error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match the encoding expected by the

    server, which is controlled by "client_encoding".

Our client_encoding is obviously set at UTF8.  Is there a client_encoding value that is less restrictive?

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you,

Mark Steben

Senior Database Administrator
@utoRevenue™
A Dominion Enterprises Company
480 Pleasant Street
Suite B200
Lee, MA 01238
413-243-4800 Home Office
413-243-4809 Corporate Fax

msteben@autorevenue.com

Visit our new website at
www.autorevenue.com

IMPORTANT: The information contained in this e-mail message is confidential and is intended only for the named addressee(s). If the reader of this e-mail message is not the intended recipient (or the individual responsible for the delivery of this e-mail message to the intended recipient), please be advised that any re-use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail message in error, please reply to the sender that you have received this e-mail message in error and then delete it.  Thank you.