Re: Database server restarting

От shoaib
Тема Re: Database server restarting
Дата
Re: Database server restarting  ("Nigel J. Andrews" <nandrews@investsystems.co.uk>)
Re: Database server restarting  ("scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>)
Список pgsql-general
There are some cron jobs running at the same time...
One server does SSH into our application server and on cron job is
reading the DB and writing some data into flat files. But by the time
this problem is happening these jobs are not writing any data. Last
night when the server went down the other server wa trying to do SsH and
probably it was running some cron job and a heavy DB process was
running.I can not do a top bcoz I can not login into server even from
console.

Regards
shaoib

-----Original Message-----
From: Martijn van Oosterhout [mailto:kleptog@svana.org]
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2003 2:40 PM
To: shoaib
Cc: gearond@cvc.net; 'Nigel J. Andrews'; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Database server restarting

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 02:28:57PM +0800, shoaib wrote:
> When I say hangs it means ..I am not even able to login at the server
> console also.
> No ssh, no login form remote machines.

Well, that's not postgresql's fault. It can't hang a machine like that.
You
should look elsewhere for the exact cause. I'm assuming here that
consoles
that are still logged in don't respond either? Maybe leave a top running
capture the list of processes just before it dies? Any cronjobs about
the
time it dies?

What other processes run at about that time?