Re: Database server restarting

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Database server restarting
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 02:28:57PM +0800, shoaib wrote:
> When I say hangs it means ..I am not even able to login at the server
> console also.
> No ssh, no login form remote machines.

Well, that's not postgresql's fault. It can't hang a machine like that. You
should look elsewhere for the exact cause. I'm assuming here that consoles
that are still logged in don't respond either? Maybe leave a top running to
capture the list of processes just before it dies? Any cronjobs about the
time it dies?

What other processes run at about that time?
> "the West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or
> religion but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence.
> Westerners often forget this fact, non-Westerners never do."
>   - Samuel P. Huntington

Вложения