Database ... has disappeared from pg_database

От Jens Hartwig
Тема Database ... has disappeared from pg_database
Дата
Re: Database ... has disappeared from pg_database
Список pgsql-admin
Hello all,

I am running into a strange error when creating a database which is located
in another directory than the default directory of PostgreSQL (7.0.2.):

I created a directory called mybase (as owner postgres). I ran the command
initlocation on this directory, then I declared an environment variable
PGDATA2 and restarted my postmaster.

With the command createdb mydb -D 'PGDATA2' I created a new database. When
trying to connect to this database I get the following error:

psql: FATAL 1:  Database 'mydb', OID 10857280, has disappeared from
pg_database

What has happened? Any suggestions would be welcome.

Best regards, Jens Hartwig

Jens Hartwig
debis Systemhaus GEI mbH
10875 Berlin