Re: Database ... has disappeared from pg_database

От Jean-Marc Pigeon
Тема Re: Database ... has disappeared from pg_database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Bonjour Jens Hartwig

> Hello all,
>
> I am running into a strange error when creating a database which is located
> in another directory than the default directory of PostgreSQL (7.0.2.):
[....]

> psql: FATAL 1:  Database 'mydb', OID 10857280, has disappeared from
> pg_database
>
> What has happened? Any suggestions would be welcome.Is the postgres daemon made awar about it??, we have an
application(Regulus)which data-base is located in its own directory, an extra postgres daemon must be started
like:/usr/bin/postmaster-D //var/lib/regulus/dbm -p 1621 -B512 -o -F -o -Q -o -S2048
to access it we just do:psql -p 1621 regulus
(it is a matter of fact, for test and and demo purpose, we have 3 or 4 Regulus version running on the same server, eash
one in it own directory and with its own daemon).
Hopping that help.

> Best regards, Jens Hartwig

> Jens Hartwig
> debis Systemhaus GEI mbH
> 10875 Berlin
> Tel.     : +49 (0)30 2554-3282
> Fax      : +49 (0)30 2554-3187
> Mobil    : +49 (0)170 167-2648
> E-Mail   : jhartwig@debis.com

A bientot
Jean-Marc Pigeon              Internet:   Jean-Marc.Pigeon@safe.ca
SAFE Inc.                Phone: (514) 493-4280  Fax: (514) 493-1946      REGULUS,  a real time accounting/billing
packagefor ISP          REGULUS' Home base <"http://www.regulus.safe.ca">

От: "Jens Hartwig"
Сообщение: Database ... has disappeared from pg_database
От: Vince Vielhaber
Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] Re: postgres limitation