RE: Stored function | Grayed out option when I try modify the return type

От Abelardo León González
Тема RE: Stored function | Grayed out option when I try modify the return type
Дата
Re: Stored function | Grayed out option when I try modify the returntype
Список pgsql-general

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Andreas Kretschmer <andreas@a-kretschmer.de>
Enviado el: jueves, 12 de julio de 2018 11:07
Para: Abelardo León González <everis@abelardolg.com>; pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org
Asunto: Re: Stored function | Grayed out option when I try modify the return type

Am 12.07.2018 um 10:56 schrieb Abelardo León González:
> Thanks Andreas for your response.
>
> This is an annoying procedure to modify it.
> Why did pgAdmin staff decide to do it this way?  It's a waste time!
No. Two functions with the same name, but different returns types (for
instance) are valid and 2 different functions.
You can define a function and change the body of the function, that's not a problem, but with different returns you
willhave 2 different functions.

Please don't top-posting here, thx.

Regards, Andreas

--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company.
www.2ndQuadrant.com

Sorry for top-posting here. :S I won't do it anymore.

The idea is to modify the original function in  order to meet the requirements.
It's not to create two functions, it's to modify the original one.
Internally, pgAdmin should invoke to the "alter function" command so that this modification doesn't create another
function.

If I have created funcA with return type smallint but I would like to modify to integer, pgAdmin shouldn't create
anotherone but let us directly modify the original funcA's return type.

Sorry for my English (I am non English native). I don't know if I have explained my issue and my complaint correctly.

Best regards.

От: Andreas Kretschmer
Сообщение: Re: Stored function | Grayed out option when I try modify the returntype
От: Andreas Kretschmer
Сообщение: Re: Stored function | Grayed out option when I try modify the returntype