Re: [ADMIN] How to Identify and Fail Transaction When Slave Node Down

От Lazaro Garcia
Тема Re: [ADMIN] How to Identify and Fail Transaction When Slave Node Down
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
When slave goes down, pgpool detects that and triggers a failover, then the
master remains active and the slave are marked as down state. On the
failover_command of pgpool, you could execute a command that drop the slave
from the master synchronous_standby_names and reload the configuration on
the master. By this way new transactions can be executed on the master
without checking the state of the slave because synchronous replication has
been disabled.

If you recover the slave you can attach this server to master again an
activate the synchronous replication.

Regards.