Re: [GENERAL] Book or other resource on Postgres-local code?

От Regina Obe
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Book or other resource on Postgres-local code?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> As an aside from my last question about my LYDB effort:

> https://medium.com/@gisborne/love-your-database-lydb-23c69f480a1d#.4jngp2rcb

> I would like to find a book or other resource about SQL server-side programming (stored procedures etc) best
practicesin general and for Postgres in particular.

https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/postgresql-server-programming-second-edition/?utm_source=PoD&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=1783980583

> Regards
> Charles

> Seems like a thing that should exist. I can find a variety of blog posts, mostly about Oracle and MS SQL Server, but
nothingthat appears particularly canonical or “classic”.

> Is there such a resource?

Shameless plug

Have you checked out our book?  The 2nd edition covered PostgreSQL 9.2 - 9.4.
http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920052715.do

We are working on the 3rd edition which is a bit fatter (probably will be about 50 pages fatter when we are done) than
the2nd edition.

http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920052715.do

The 3rd focuses on PostgreSQL 9.5-9.6 (and is in prerelease sale at moment).  By the time of release, we'll probably
havesome PostgreSQL 10 content in there as well.

It covers fancy SQL constructs and data types (both ANSI ones and ones unique to PostgreSQL), general administration,
andwriting stored functions with SQL, PLPGSQL and PL/V8.

In the 3rd we are adding an additional PL/V8 example how to build a window function in PL/V8 (aka PL/JavaScript)

Thanks,
Regina

От: ajmcello
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] performance tuning postgresql 9.5.5.10 [enterprisedb]
От: Guyren Howe
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Book or other resource on Postgres-local code?