Re: [mail] Re: Win32 port patches submitted

От Al Sutton
Тема Re: [mail] Re: Win32 port patches submitted
Дата
Re: [mail] Re: Win32 port patches submitted  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: [mail] Re: Win32 port patches submitted  (Brian Bruns <camber@ais.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I would back keeping the windows specific files, and if anything moving the
code away from using the UNIX like programs.  My reasoning is that the more
unix tools you use for compiling, the less likley you are to attract
existing windows-only developers to work on the code. I see the Win32 patch
as a great oppertunity to attract more eyes to the code, and don't want the
oppertunity to be lost because of the build requirements.

Al.