Re: Win32 port patches submitted

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Win32 port patches submitted
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jan Wieck writes:

> I just submitted the patches for the native Win32 port of v7.2.1 on the
> patches mailing list.

I'm concerned that you are adding all these *.dsp files for build process
control.  This is going to be a burden to maintain.  Everytime someone
changes an aspect of how a file is built the Windows port needs to be
fixed.  And since the tool that operates on these files is probably not
freely available this will be difficult.  I don't see a strong reason not
to stick with good old configure; make; make install.  You're already
requiring various Unix-like tools, so you might as well require the full
shell environment.  A lot of the porting aspects such as substitute
implemenations of the C library functions could be handled nearly for free
using the existing infrastructure and this whole patch would become much
less intimidating.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net