Re: SQL Server 2000 to PostgreSQL 8.0.3

От Joel Fradkin
Тема Re: SQL Server 2000 to PostgreSQL 8.0.3
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I am pretty sure a backup from sql is not going to restore on postgres.
I wrote a .net application that read from one and wrote to the other.
Does not like tables large then memory available though, since npgsql .net
components by default uses a read whole table approach (there is a cursor
way, but I never got that implemented).

If you are .net savy and want the source for the conversion let me know and
I will forward off list.

I am sure there are other methods as well (maybe dump to a csv file and try
reading that with aqua studio).

Joel Fradkin

Wazagua, Inc.
2520 Trailmate Dr
Sarasota, Florida 34243
Tel.  941-753-7111 ext 305

jfradkin@wazagua.com
www.wazagua.com
Powered by Wazagua
Providing you with the latest Web-based technology & advanced tools.
C 2004. WAZAGUA, Inc. All rights reserved. WAZAGUA, Inc
 This email message is for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and delete and destroy
all copies of the original message, including attachments.