Re: High load

От A_Schnabel@t-online.de (Andre Schnabel)
Тема Re: High load
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

your first idea should work fine.
PostgreSQL 7.1.2 handles 32 clients per default. You can increase this
number in postgresql.conf .
For more details of options in this file look at:
http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?runtime-config.html

I think, i'ts a good idea to lok at the techdocs too
(http://techdocs.postgresql.org/)

Andre

----- Original Message -----
From: Alexey Rodriguez Yakushev
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2001 2:45 AM
Subject: [ADMIN] High load

  Oops, i sent this message to pgsql-general. Well, now it goes to the right
place.

  Hi guys, i am managing the database server for several sites for my
company
with postgresql 7.0.3 . These days traffic has been increasing and scripts
start to fail because too many clients are already connected.
  I'd like to know how many clients can handle 7.0.3 and if i can change
that
limit. To solve the problem i will try following aproches:

 - Upgrade to 7.1.2 and increase the max number of clients, i think my
hardware can handle the requirements.

  - Use more than one database server.

  Do you think the first approach will work? If it is possible i'd love some
pointers to database administration manuals that could help me with this
issue. How do the guys at sourceforge handle such loads with postgres?
  BTW i am not subscribed to the list, could you send me a copy?
  Thanks a lot.

  Alexey