Debian Squeeze - no xml support for Pg 9.2

От Volkmar Herbst
Тема Debian Squeeze - no xml support for Pg 9.2
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi all,

I have a problem with xml support on a fresh installation of pg 9.2. I configures and build postgres with xml.

I rebuild with /usr/local/pgsql/postgresql-9.2.0/configure --with-libxml  --with-python. Configuring make and make install went well.

configure: using CFLAGS=-O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wformat-security -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv

configure: using CPPFLAGS= -D_GNU_SOURCE -I/usr/include/libxml2

configure: using LDFLAGS=  -Wl,--as-needed

However I get an error in postgres doing xml operations:

select '<test></test>'::xml

results in

ERROR:  unsupported XML feature

LINE 1: select '<test></test>'::xml

               ^

DETAIL:  This functionality requires the server to be built with libxml support.

HINT:  You need to rebuild PostgreSQL using --with-libxml.

********** Error **********

ERROR: unsupported XML feature

SQL state: 0A000

Detail: This functionality requires the server to be built with libxml support.

Hint: You need to rebuild PostgreSQL using --with-libxml.

Character: 8

Pg_config gives:

BINDIR = /usr/local/pgsql/bin

DOCDIR = /usr/local/pgsql/share/doc

HTMLDIR = /usr/local/pgsql/share/doc

INCLUDEDIR = /usr/local/pgsql/include

PKGINCLUDEDIR = /usr/local/pgsql/include INCLUDEDIR-SERVER = /usr/local/pgsql/include/server LIBDIR = /usr/local/pgsql/lib PKGLIBDIR = /usr/local/pgsql/lib LOCALEDIR = /usr/local/pgsql/share/locale MANDIR = /usr/local/pgsql/share/man SHAREDIR = /usr/local/pgsql/share SYSCONFDIR = /usr/local/pgsql/etc PGXS = /usr/local/pgsql/lib/pgxs/src/makefiles/pgxs.mk

CONFIGURE = '-with-python'

CC = gcc

CPPFLAGS = -D_GNU_SOURCE

CFLAGS = -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wformat-security -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv CFLAGS_SL = -fpic LDFLAGS = -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-rpath,'/usr/local/pgsql/lib',--enable-new-dtags

LDFLAGS_EX =

LDFLAGS_SL =

LIBS = -lpgport -lz -lreadline -lcrypt -ldl -lm VERSION = PostgreSQL 9.2.0

Could anybody help?

Volkmar Herbst

Leisniger Chaussee 10

04769 Sornzig Ablaß