Обсуждение: Debian Squeeze - no xml support for Pg 9.2

Debian Squeeze - no xml support for Pg 9.2

От
"Volkmar Herbst"

Hi all,

I have a problem with xml support on a fresh installation of pg 9.2. I configures and build postgres with xml.

I rebuild with /usr/local/pgsql/postgresql-9.2.0/configure --with-libxml  --with-python. Configuring make and make install went well.

configure: using CFLAGS=-O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wformat-security -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv

configure: using CPPFLAGS= -D_GNU_SOURCE -I/usr/include/libxml2

configure: using LDFLAGS=  -Wl,--as-needed

However I get an error in postgres doing xml operations:

select '<test></test>'::xml

results in

ERROR:  unsupported XML feature

LINE 1: select '<test></test>'::xml

               ^

DETAIL:  This functionality requires the server to be built with libxml support.

HINT:  You need to rebuild PostgreSQL using --with-libxml.

********** Error **********

ERROR: unsupported XML feature

SQL state: 0A000

Detail: This functionality requires the server to be built with libxml support.

Hint: You need to rebuild PostgreSQL using --with-libxml.

Character: 8

Pg_config gives:

BINDIR = /usr/local/pgsql/bin

DOCDIR = /usr/local/pgsql/share/doc

HTMLDIR = /usr/local/pgsql/share/doc

INCLUDEDIR = /usr/local/pgsql/include

PKGINCLUDEDIR = /usr/local/pgsql/include INCLUDEDIR-SERVER = /usr/local/pgsql/include/server LIBDIR = /usr/local/pgsql/lib PKGLIBDIR = /usr/local/pgsql/lib LOCALEDIR = /usr/local/pgsql/share/locale MANDIR = /usr/local/pgsql/share/man SHAREDIR = /usr/local/pgsql/share SYSCONFDIR = /usr/local/pgsql/etc PGXS = /usr/local/pgsql/lib/pgxs/src/makefiles/pgxs.mk

CONFIGURE = '-with-python'

CC = gcc

CPPFLAGS = -D_GNU_SOURCE

CFLAGS = -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wformat-security -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv CFLAGS_SL = -fpic LDFLAGS = -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-rpath,'/usr/local/pgsql/lib',--enable-new-dtags

LDFLAGS_EX =

LDFLAGS_SL =

LIBS = -lpgport -lz -lreadline -lcrypt -ldl -lm VERSION = PostgreSQL 9.2.0

Could anybody help?

Volkmar Herbst

Leisniger Chaussee 10

04769 Sornzig Ablaß

Tel.: 034362 30627

Mobil: 016098121740

Email: volkmar.herbst@gmx.de

Re: Debian Squeeze - no xml support for Pg 9.2

Дата:
"Volkmar Herbst" <volkmar.herbst@gmx.de> writes:
> I rebuild with /usr/local/pgsql/postgresql-9.2.0/configure --with-libxml
> --with-python. Configuring make and make install went well.

OK ...

> However I get an error in postgres doing xml operations:
> select '<test></test>'::xml
> ERROR:  unsupported XML feature

Then you're not actually using a postmaster with xml support in it;
most likely, you're still talking to the previous build.  Did you
restart?  Did you make sure to select the same install directory and
default port as before?  (Debian's build of postgres is quite
nonstandard in these respects, so it seems likely that you'd need more
configure options than you mentioned in order to have a drop-in
replacement for a Debian build.  But not being a user of Debian's
package I'm not the best person to ask for details.)

            regards, tom lane