Re: Problem while restoring a database from SQL_ASCII to UTF-8

От Manoj Agarwal
Тема Re: Problem while restoring a database from SQL_ASCII to UTF-8
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I took a slightly different approach to fix the issue.  There is a CPAN
module called Encoding::FixLatin, that takes mixed encoding input and
produces UTF-8 output.  It can be downloaded from the following link:

http://search.cpan.org/dist/Encoding-FixLatin/lib/Encoding/FixLatin.pm

This module takes input which may contain characters in more than one
encoding and makes a best effort to convert them all to UTF-8 output.  I
took the dump from Postgresql 7.4.19 database where encoding was SQL_ASCII.
Then I created a new database in UTF-8 in Postgresql 8.4.9.  Then I
installed the above Perl module.  After installing the module, I used the
following command to restore SQL_ASCII database to UTF-8:
pg_restore -O db_dump_sql_ascii | fix_latin | psql -d db_utf

The conversion was done successfully without any errors.   The database was
restored as UTF-8.

Kind Regards,
Manoj Agarwal