Cygwin - Postgres won't start

От Együd Csaba
Тема Cygwin - Postgres won't start
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,
I previously successfully installed postgres (7.3.2-1) under cygwin - thanks
for your help. I found it accelent. Really. Everything - at least those
functions I use - is working absoultly the same way as under Linux.

But I decided (unfortunatelly) to set up XFree86 - just for fun. By now I
can't start my postgres server. X is ok, but postgres is down.

What could be the reason of this problem. I start ipc-daemon and try to
start postgres. I would like to underline that it had been working before I
installed X.
----------
$ ipc-daemon.exe &
[1] 2324

$ pg_ctl start -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -m fast  &
[2] 3208
[1]   Done                    ipc-daemon.exe

$ postmaster successfully started
IpcMemoryCreate: shmget(key=5432001, size=1499136, 03600) failed: Function
not implemented

[2]+  Done                    pg_ctl start -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -m fast

My original startup file looks like this:
ipc-daemon 2>&1 &
pg_ctl start -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -m fast  2>&1 &

I am looking forward to your answer. Thank you in advance.

-- Csaba