Обсуждение: Can't initdb under cygwin

Can't initdb under cygwin

От
Együd Csaba
Дата:
Hi,
As I wrote in my previous letter, I would like to use postgres under
Windows. My first idea - compiling directly from the source package didn't
work. So I tied to use the binary package shipped with cygwin (postgres
7.3.2-1). It has been installed. But initdb sent the following error
message:
-------------------------------------
$ initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "Csaba".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

Fixing permissions on existing directory /usr/local/pgsql/data... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/base... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/global... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_xlog... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_clog... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1...
IpcSemaphoreCreate: semget(key=
1, num=17, 03600) failed: Function not implemented

initdb failed.

During the compilation process the make complains about something similar:
'semget' and 'IpcSemaphoreCreate'. But I has found a reference in cygwin
documentation about something 'getsem'. Is taht possible that the binary
package doesn't support semaphores? I don't think so.

How could I make it work?

Thanks,
Csaba

Re: Can't initdb under cygwin

Дата:
=?iso-8859-1?Q?Egy=FCd_Csaba?= <csegyud@freemail.hu> writes:
> As I wrote in my previous letter, I would like to use postgres under
> Windows. My first idea - compiling directly from the source package didn't
> work. So I tied to use the binary package shipped with cygwin (postgres
> 7.3.2-1).

I think you are lacking cygipc.  That may explain the compile failure as
well.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Can't initdb under cygwin

От
Együd Csaba
Дата:
Thank you Tom,
this was the problem. I already have managed to avoid this message.
I am setified with the result. It works in the same way as it does on
RedHat.

Best Regards,
--Csaba

> I think you are lacking cygipc.  That may explain the compile failure as
> well.
>
> regards, tom lane

Re: Can't initdb under cygwin

От
Erick Dennis
Дата:
Install cygipc-1.13-2.tar.bz2 (look for it on google).

Best Regards.

On Sun, 11 May 2003, Együd Csaba wrote:

> Hi,
> As I wrote in my previous letter, I would like to use postgres under
> Windows. My first idea - compiling directly from the source package didn't
> work. So I tied to use the binary package shipped with cygwin (postgres
> 7.3.2-1). It has been installed. But initdb sent the following error
> message:
> -------------------------------------
> $ initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
> The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "Csaba".
> This user must also own the server process.
>
> The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.
>
> Fixing permissions on existing directory /usr/local/pgsql/data... ok
> creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/base... ok
> creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/global... ok
> creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_xlog... ok
> creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_clog... ok
> creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1...
> IpcSemaphoreCreate: semget(key=
> 1, num=17, 03600) failed: Function not implemented
>
> initdb failed.
>
> During the compilation process the make complains about something similar:
> 'semget' and 'IpcSemaphoreCreate'. But I has found a reference in cygwin
> documentation about something 'getsem'. Is taht possible that the binary
> package doesn't support semaphores? I don't think so.
>
> How could I make it work?
>
> Thanks,
> Csaba

Cygwin - Postgres won't start

От
Együd Csaba
Дата:
Hi,
I previously successfully installed postgres (7.3.2-1) under cygwin - thanks
for your help. I found it accelent. Really. Everything - at least those
functions I use - is working absoultly the same way as under Linux.

But I decided (unfortunatelly) to set up XFree86 - just for fun. By now I
can't start my postgres server. X is ok, but postgres is down.

What could be the reason of this problem. I start ipc-daemon and try to
start postgres. I would like to underline that it had been working before I
installed X.
----------
$ ipc-daemon.exe &
[1] 2324

$ pg_ctl start -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -m fast  &
[2] 3208
[1]   Done                    ipc-daemon.exe

$ postmaster successfully started
IpcMemoryCreate: shmget(key=5432001, size=1499136, 03600) failed: Function
not implemented

[2]+  Done                    pg_ctl start -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -m fast

My original startup file looks like this:
ipc-daemon 2>&1 &
pg_ctl start -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -m fast  2>&1 &

I am looking forward to your answer. Thank you in advance.

-- Csaba