Re: trouble migrating large objects from 7.1.3 to 7.3.2

От John M. Layman
Тема Re: trouble migrating large objects from 7.1.3 to 7.3.2
Дата
Re: trouble migrating large objects from 7.1.3 to 7.3.2
Список pgsql-admin
Tom- thanks for the suggestion.

As you mentioned, substituting Fc for Ft in the pipe command fails with an
fseek error:

pg_restore: [custom archiver] Dumping a specific TOC data block out of order
is not supported without id on this input stream (fseek required)

When I use option Fc with an intermediate file, I get an error about one of
my sequences not existing.  Do I have to do something different when using
the Fc option?  Here are the commands I was using:

7.1.3:

pg_dump -p 6543 -b -Fc -v -o dbase > dump

7.3.2

initdb
postmaster
createdb dbase
pg_restore -p 5432 -Fc -v -o -d dbase < dump

And the error:

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  Relation
"disc_idx_seq" does not exist

I tried dropping the sequence & re-running the restore, but that just got me
into more trouble.  I'm guessing that I should let pg_restore create the
database for me (instead of issuing a createdb command), but I can't get
the -c or -C options to work.  I get the following error when using either
of them without running createdb:

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] connection to database "dbase" failed: FATAL:
database "dbase" does not exist in the system catalog

And I get the following errors if I do run createdb:

with option -c:

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] connection to database "dbase" failed: FATAL:
parser zero-length delimited identifier at or near """" at character 47

with option -C:

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] connection to database "dbase" failed: CREATE
DATABASE:  database "dbase" already exists

Am I doing something wrong here?