RE: Revisited: Transactions, insert unique.

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема RE: Revisited: Transactions, insert unique.
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Is what you mean the following ?
When a transaction is about to update a row which has been updated by
other transactions under SERIALIZABLE isolation level,update is rejected
with message ERROR: Can't serialize access due to concurrent update.

> how difficult would it be to do the same for inserts?

Should INSERT/UPDATE/SELECT .. FOR UPDATE statements wait
until being inserted rows to be commit/aborted ?
This means INSERT operations block all update operations for the
same table.

Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue@tpf.co.jp

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] pgsql/php3/apache authentication
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] pgsql/php3/apache authentication