Re: ADO adCmdStoredProc PlPgSql-SP Parameters

От Postgre.News.Firma@spamgourmet.net
Тема Re: ADO adCmdStoredProc PlPgSql-SP Parameters
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>>Von: Duffner
> Von: Shachar Shemesh
> Betreff: Re: [GENERAL] ADO adCmdStoredProc PlPgSql-SP Parameters

> >How do I call a StoredProcdure, written in PlPqSql
> >which returns a set of records (or tableWhatever)
> >and wants parameters,
> >from ADO while using "adCmdStoredProc" ?

> Which driver are you using? If it's the OLE DB provider, then
> there is a solution,
> provided that you modify your stored procedure a little.
> You can probably write a wrapper procedure,
> if that's not acceptable as it is.

I had been told not to use the OLE driver because it is not working
correctly.
Now I will give it a try anyway.
There is nothing to change, because we are still investigating postgre to
know which way we will use it.
And if :-)

[One day later]
I tried it and we will not use the OLE driver for a LONG time.

> If your function returns "refcursor", then OLE DB will
> interpret that to  mean that the function has rowset returns, and will
emulate
> the standard calls surrounding returning multiple results.

When I tried to retrieve multiple cursors via ADO/ODBC I got a table
with the names of the cursors.
Is it possible to use these cursors somehow ?

Cu,
Andreas