psql error - "unrecognizable command" V8.0.0 beta

От Anony Mous
Тема psql error - "unrecognizable command" V8.0.0 beta
Дата
Re: psql error - "unrecognizable command" V8.0.0 beta  (Klint Gore <kg@kgb.une.edu.au>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I've run into a problem.  I've had postgres V8 beta on my WinXP Pro machine
for some time now, and it's been running great.  Now, for some reason, I
cannot issue any queries to the database via psql.  See snippit below...

------------
C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.0-beta1\bin>createdb -U postgres test
CREATE DATABASE

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.0-beta1\bin>psql -d test -U postgres
Welcome to psql 8.0.0beta1, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help with psql commands
       \q to quit

Warning: Console codepage (850) differs from windows codepage (1252)
         8-bit characters will not work correctly. See PostgreSQL
         documentation "Installation on Windows" for details.

test=# select now();
'more' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
test=#

The message regarding the 'more' command is the same no matter what query is
issued.  I also get it anytime I try to restore a database from a dump
(wherever a setval command is issued).

I've tried reinstalling the db to no avail.  This problem does not repeat
itself on other machines!  Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Peter