Re: pg_hba.conf + all + trust = Ident authentication failed for user "postgres"

От Andy Shellam
Тема Re: pg_hba.conf + all + trust = Ident authentication failed for user "postgres"
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
To me it would suggest that pgSQL is not looking at the pg_hba.conf you
think it is - as it shouldn't prompt for a password when trust
authentication is set (it doesn't on my box when connecting via a socket.)

Also you mention that your listen_address looks like "#listen_addresses" -
in which case it's commented out, and so PG would *NOT* listen on TCP/IP, so
you shouldn't be able to connect using -h localhost - you should get
"connection refused".

I think you've got a case of duplicate config files on your system and PG is
looking at different files to the ones you're editing.

Might be worth running "find / -name pg_hba.conf" and "find / -name
postgresql.conf" to see where all the instances of your config files lie.

Something's not quite right...

Andy